trinetizen

on social media, journalism, tech, design and other stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi. I'm a former journalist and Malaysian correspondent to CNet, ZDnet, Newsbytes (Washington Post-Newsweek Interactive wire agency), Nikkei Electronics Asia and AsiaBizTech.com. I also previously contributed to The Star, The Edge, The New Straits Times, The New Zealand Herald and various magazines. Currently, I train and advise managers and executives on strategies to optimize their use of social media and online channels to reach customers. My company, Trinetizen Media, runs media training workshops on social media, media relations, investor relations, corporate blogging,multimedia marketing, online advertising, multimedia journalism and crisis communications. You can connect with me on Facebook , LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Feeding off Blogdex

I spend way too much time on Blogdex. Blogdex is an MIT MediaLab creation that crawls blogs and rates the most linked links.

It's my quick-fix news filter. I do not need to go elsewhere. I continually remain surprised at what goes up there.

Here for instance is a selection of ten stuff on today:

1. Making fun of George"you forgot Poland" Bush.
2. The sequel to JibJab's This Land is Your Land animation.
3. How to switch off ...and on any TV in the world.
4. Bush's use of a child's loss of her mother in 9/11 for some viral marketing.
5. William Shatner making an album with Ben Folds of Ben Folds Five.
6. A flatscreen TV that sent out an international distress signal and had his flat swarming with a contingent of local police, civil air patrol and search and rescue personnel.
7. A band called "Kings of Convenience".
8. A reverse take on "What if George W. Bush had been elected president?"
9. What everyone doesn't know about Mary Cheney.
10. How Bush actually believes he is God's chosen one.

Go there, get hooked and don't blame me for it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home