trinetizen

on social media, journalism, tech, design and other stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi. I'm a former journalist and Malaysian correspondent to CNet, ZDnet, Newsbytes (Washington Post-Newsweek Interactive wire agency), Nikkei Electronics Asia and AsiaBizTech.com. I also previously contributed to The Star, The Edge, The New Straits Times, The New Zealand Herald and various magazines. Currently, I train and advise managers and executives on strategies to optimize their use of social media and online channels to reach customers. My company, Trinetizen Media, runs media training workshops on social media, media relations, investor relations, corporate blogging,multimedia marketing, online advertising, multimedia journalism and crisis communications. You can connect with me on Facebook , LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

How Mark Felt Became Deep Throat

I had always been fascinated with the Watergate break-in that led to Nixon's downfall. As a rookie reporter I was told to read the book "All The President's Men" cover to cover and got a copy and did just that. It still sits on my shelf.

A re-run of the movie on TV reinforced the images in my head of what went down. Robert Redford's Woodward meeting Deep Throat in a darkened underground carpark, and Dustin Hoffman's Bernstein returning from a crucial interview with notes scribbled on rolled-up pieces of paper were especially memorable.

When Mark Felt finally admitted being Deep Throat it was great to re-visit the material again.

Here's Bob Woodward's account, post-confession.

Hal Holbrook seemed to have played the man just right. One wonders what guidance he had from Woodstein in that regard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home