trinetizen

on social media, journalism, tech, design and other stuff

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi. I'm a former journalist and Malaysian correspondent to CNet, ZDnet, Newsbytes (Washington Post-Newsweek Interactive wire agency), Nikkei Electronics Asia and AsiaBizTech.com. I also previously contributed to The Star, The Edge, The New Straits Times, The New Zealand Herald and various magazines. Currently, I train and advise managers and executives on strategies to optimize their use of social media and online channels to reach customers. My company, Trinetizen Media, runs media training workshops on social media, media relations, investor relations, corporate blogging,multimedia marketing, online advertising, multimedia journalism and crisis communications. You can connect with me on Facebook , LinkedIn, Twitter or Google+.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Underground T-shirts, graphic site taunt terrorists

Graphic designer Dario Agosta created a series of T-shirts based on the London Underground sign. Proceeds will go to Red Cross relief fund.

You can buy them here and here.

He writes: "To me, London tube is a major symbol of London, and its identity is a major symbol of what good graphic design should be.

"My sympathies go to those who were affected. On the morning of July, 7 I was emailing a press representative for a page-ad on a magazine, and turned out her office is a few blocks from the Regent St. Tube Station, and as I was writing, the bombings were taking place. As soon as I read the news, I was chilled.

"Why am I writing this ? because none of us can really feel he or she is far and safe and sound from what happened in London yesterday, or from what happened in Madrid last year, or from what happened in New York in 2001, or from what happened and still is happening in occupied countries. None. Of. Us.

"But, what can I really do (apart from quitting writing such drivel ?). Good point, gosh. I am a designer, I design bloody things.

"So, there you are."

A site called "WE'RENOTAFRAID.COM" has reactionary graphical postings (right) from blogosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home